Late last week a lovely lady from the UAL Student Enterprise & Employability contacted me to see if I had thought about applying for a Creative Enterprise Award. Extremely flattered I thought ‘well why not…’, it’s always worth a go. The Creative Enterprise Awards are open to students and recent University of the Arts London graduates. The UAL is the largest and most prestigious arts school in Europe so I knew the competition would be fierce. Today the SSE contacted their shortlisted candidates and I’m proud to announce I’ve made the shortlist for the Digital Award 2013. I’m incredibly honoured and I can’t wait to attend the event…. wish me luck!
- The British Fashion Council launch their blogger strategy for LFW. A renowned team of bloggers will be helping the BFC put together a strategy to ensure accredited bloggers receive the best LFW experience possible. BFC.
- Three LCF graduate collections will be on display in Selfridges’ windows and concept store as part of the Bright Young Things 2013 showcase. UAL.
- Reiss launch their first in-house perfume, sign up to their newsletter for a chance to win a personally engraved bottle. Reiss.
- Win VIP tickets to Whistles S/S14 show at LFW and £300 to spend in-store. Whistles.
- New York Fashion Week kicks off- watch all the action here. NYFW.
- Christian Dior put it perfectly “Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty without happiness”. A little flick of mascara and smudge of lipstick never hurt though. Selfridges.
- Chelsea put on a show this week. Katie Bowkett produced the winning t-shirt design to celebrate the 100th Chelsea Flower Show. LCF.
- Oscar de la Renta indulges my stationery fetish. Aerin via Twitter.
- Beauty, Fashion etc address the issue of why there are so few women in tech. Fashion Beauty etc.
- Coco’s Tea Party shares her shoe lust- Tabitha Simmons collaborates with J-Crew for CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection. Coco’s Tea Party.
Enjoy the bank holiday my lovely readers. xx
I’ve been keeping this under my hat for a few months but now I can shout it from the rooftops…… The University of the Arts London are featuring lil’ old me in the UAL Alumni Association Profiles.
Before Christmas last year (yes I’ve been keeping this a secret for that long!) I agreed to answer a few questions for the University of the Arts London Alumni Association about LCF, my degree and Fashion Follows Her. For the full article click here…
When you do something for love and success comes your way, there are bound to be a few ‘squeal’ moments. Getting picked for the lead role in the school play, bagging your dream job or for an aspiring fashion designer, scoring a mention in a major fashion publication. It’s not surprising that Instyle noticed Lucy Starlings’ LCF graduate knitwear collection, it was exceptionally fabulous. Slinky cream, soft nude and perky peach knitwear spiked with Mary Bindings’ bright orange PVC pieces stole the show and have marked Lucy out as ‘one to watch’.