This is going to sound bratty and ungrateful but gosh, where do some people get off?!!
The relationship between PR and blogger is a tricky business- I should know, I work as both. I think the key is to remember that bloggers and PR’s are human, not just random names on a list. Yeah, this is business but good manners and being curtious costs nothing. These are the things that bug me the most….
– Group emails with my name inserted, when I reply, you ask ‘what’s the name of your blog?’.
– We agree on a fee, then you add extra things like “oh would you just mind changing/adding/mentioning”.
– You ask me to review a product, then try to edit it into a promotional piece.
– You give me a budget to select an item to review, I spend hours finding something that I think would work well on the blog and interest my readers, only to be told the budget has had to be ‘adjusted’ (funny how it never increases though, eh?!).
– I try to politely decline an offer and receive a dozen further emails asking the exact the same thing, over and over again.
Avoid these all costs and you won’t go far wrong.