Autumn closes in and I’ve decided to celebrate the season instead of mourning the demise of summer.
– Sumptuous soup keeps the cold at bay. Making soup is one of the easiest dishes to cook and October can only mean one thing- pumpkin soup! A lightly spiced pumpkin or butternut squash soup will be perfect for Halloween festivities. The one above is Pippa Middletons’ Roast Butternut and Apple Soup published in this months Waitrose Magazine. The recipe is inspired by Austrian street-food.
– Cashmere slippers seem like a frivolous luxury but warm feet are 100% guaranteed in these Jaeger lovelies. The soft leather sole means they can be worn in bed too.
– Pale pink coats dominated the A/W13 catwalk, if marshmallow pink isn’t your thing then opt for a sleek, vibrant pink mac from Ted Baker instead.
– A recent day trip to Congham Hall Spa introduced me to Elemental Herbology and you know I’m a bit of a beauty junkie! Ignore all the jargon about how good this brand is for your skin, just try the Facial Glow- it smells heavenly, tangy orange and zingy citrus…. just delicious.
– Staying on the orange theme, I forgot to mention this lush lip balm from my last visit to the ESPA spa. All the spa therapists had purchased the Mandarin Lip Balm (so much so, the spa had totally run out while I was staying there!).
– These booties are the cats whiskers, Charlotte Olympia transformed her magnificent kitty flats into winter boots- complete with swishing tail!! Yes please, yes please, yes please!